Enjoy fresh fish from your local seafood supplier with the freshest veggies from your CSA in these simple fish packets – they’ll cook up nicely on the grill if you’re hosting a cookout! For flavor variation, consider adding a bit of pesto.
The packet seals in flavor so that you get the most out of this recipe. It’s a perfect way to use up lots of vegetables from your CSA, so don’t hesitate to mix up the vegetable base.
Servings: 2 (1 packet each) (546 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless cod fillets
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small red chili, thinly sliced
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 12 leaves fresh mint
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Tear off two large rectangles of parchment or foil. Divide the zucchini between the two and spread them out in a small pile on half of the parchment, leaving an inch border.
- On top of each bed of zucchini, place the cod, and season with salt and pepper. Top each with half the sliced chili pieces, garlic, basil, mint and tomatoes. Over each packet, spoon 1 tablespoon of olive oil and wine.
- Fold the bare half of the foil or parchment over and begin crimping the edges all the way around. Place the sealed packets on a baking sheet, and bake until fish is cooked, about 12 minutes. Serve packets directly on dinner plates and open at the table.