Pack a muffin full of fruit, veggies, nuts and whole grains, and what have you got? A perfect breakfast for a busy morning. These muffins rely on apple butter to make them moist and sweet: definitely a recipe to save.
Carrot Cake Muffins
The key to these moist and delicious muffins is finding good apple butter. Be sure to choose one that has no added sugars: nothing but apples. These muffins are sweetened by the combination of apple butter and date paste for a depth of flavor you’ll adore.
Servings: 12 (90 g )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup apple butter
- ¼ cup date paste
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, carrots, raisins, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the apple butter, date paste, eggs, vanilla, and oil. Stir until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until thoroughly moistened.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cups, filling them two-thirds of the way. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.