Chopping up a bunch of veggies for dishes like this Chicken Fajita Bowl can seem like a massive nuisance if you’ve got to do all the work by yourself. If you’re cooking with a family, however, veggie-full bowls suddenly become a piece of cake! (Well, not literally…) If you’ve got small kids, investing in some kid-friendly vegetable knives is a nice way to give them a helpful job that lets them safely practice knife skills.
If you’ve got cooked rice on hand, these bowls come together in no time flat. Like a little extra spice? Kick the heat up a notch with a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
Servings: 6 (503 g )
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
- 2½ lbs. chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bell pepper, julienned
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice, divided
- 1 can (28 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large skillet, saute chicken, garlic and pepper in oil until chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and remaining lime juice.
- In serving bowls, layer chicken mixture, bean mixture, and hot rice. Top rice bowls with avocado and serve.