While the recipe calls for heating this sandwich up a bit, it’s also excellent cold, which makes it a great addition to your picnic rotation. Not only that, but if you struggle to find delicious vegetarian sandwich options, this is one recipe you’ll definitely want to try.
Sweet beets and creamy goat cheese make a beautiful pairing with the nutty flavor of young greens. Mix up the flavor as you like with fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary. A splash of balsamic vinegar would add a nice twist too.
Time-saving tip: Swap in canned beets! Just be sure to rinse them well if you can’t find a no added salt version.
Servings: 1 (192 G)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 10 min.
- 1 large beet, roasted and peeled
- 1 Tbsp. goat cheese
- ½ cup arugula
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- Slice the beet into thin slices.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Assemble all the ingredients in a sandwich and grill lightly on both sides until golden and warmed through.