Good eats don’t have to be bad for you, even on Thanksgiving. Swap one of your traditional fruit pies out for this crumble that is nutrient rich with whole fruit, whole grains and nuts. Your family will go wild for it every year.
Use your favorite fruits to make this dessert your own. Quarter the recipe for a quick and easy dessert for one on a cold winter night.
Servings: 4 (152 G )
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit, such as blueberries, peaches, plums
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole-wheat flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, or pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine fruit with granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and orange juice. Divide among four 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins. Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Drizzle with oil and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.