You don’t need mayonnaise to make tuna salad a delight! Plain, non-fat yogurt makes a wonderful dressing, especially when paired with fresh herbs or your favorite spices. Serve over greens or with whole grain bread for a nutritious and filling lunch that breaks out of the “same old, same old” trap.
It’s so easy to dress up your tuna salad with yogurt, lemon, tahini, and garlic, replacing boring old mayonnaise. If cumin and parsley aren’t your dish, swap in spices and herbs you love. Beyond the dressing, the chickpeas add an interesting texture and fiber. This is a great dish for swapping in more plant-based proteins.
Servings: 3 (154 G)
Prep Time: 5 min.
- ⅓ cup non-fat, plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 (6 oz.) can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 (8 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Whisk together yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin in a bowl.
- Stir in tuna, chickpeas, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.