Behind the Changing Stars
This webinar was recorded on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET.
The Guiding Stars algorithm is scheduled to be updated at the end of January. The algorithm is the equation we use to determine how foods earn their rating of 0-3 stars, labeling them as good, better, or best nutritional choices. This 30-minute webinar is valuable to anyone who has ever wondered how the stars work.
This webinar will cover:
- A brief overview of Guiding Stars and how it works
- A discussion of our Scientific Advisory Panel and how they decide to implement changes
- A preview of what’s changing about the algorithm and why
- An overview of the impact of the algorithm changes
- FAQs about the Guiding Stars algorithm
- Food Dyes: A Rainbow of Risks (Center for Science in the Public Interest)
- Review article on artificial food colors and impact on child behavior
- 2012 Meta-Analysis on artificial food colors and hyperactivity/attention disorders in children
- FDA Q&As on Dietary Fiber Definition and Labeling
- Guiding Stars: the effect of a nutrition navigation program on consumer purchases at the supermarket
- Consumers’ Response to an On-Shelf Labeling System