Sugar, sugar everywhere! With growing concerns over sugar overload in the diet, this Guiding Stars webinar will explore the debate over the impact of added sugars on our health and how science, legislation and other influences affect our consumption.
How do you identify added sugars in foods?
How do you recognize use of sugar substitutes and alcohols?
You’ll learn about:
- Recent research related to the impact of added sugars on our present and future health and why use of added sugars has caught the attention of the health community
- How government regulation, subsidies and other programs affect the use of added sugars in our food supply
- The conflicts and different opinions related to use of added sugars in our food supply
- Food label terms for added sugars and sugar substitutes
- Daily guidelines for added sugars and the difference between the many forms of added sugars
As a Registered Dietitian, Allison enables individuals to make positive, sustainable changes in their eating habits by stressing conscious eating, improving relationships with food and offering a non-diet approach for reaching and maintaining ideal body weight.
She joins the Guiding Stars team to help people in a number of sectors (grocery, hospitals, schools and universities) to understand how to use the Guiding Stars nutrition navigation program to make healthier food choices.
Kitty has dedicated her career to helping businesses, public relations agencies, trade associations and the media navigate the ever-changing nutrition landscape. She is the president of NutriComm Inc., a consultancy specializing in food and nutrition communications. Kitty is also an adjunct faculty member of Southern Maine Community College’s Nutrition Department. Kitty has served on the board of the Maine Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for many years, including two terms as president.