What is the real connection between your diet and the health of your gut? Alli and Kit will explain the latest research around “good” bacteria (probiotics), including how probiotics impact both gut health and overall health, as well as the implications of recommending probiotics in a clinical or community setting.
Participants will be able to:
- Report on recent research on probiotics and physical health
- Discuss the potential impact of probiotics on chronic disease and overall wellbeing
- Understand the foods that offer probiotics and how to incorporate them into a regular diet
- Share science and education gained with patients, clients, consumers, colleagues, students and others to increase their knowledge and encourage greater future understanding of this timely topic
This webinar is approved for one CPE credit for Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians, Registered. Meets learning codes 5220, 4040, and 2080.
- Infographic on Gut Microbiota Dysbiosis
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics “Probiotics and Prebiotics: Creating a Healthier You,” 2016 online.
- IFIC Functional Foods Fact Sheet: Probiotics & Prebiotics
- Great introductory animated video about microbiome (from NPR)
- From Yaks to Yogurt: The History, Development, and Current Use of Probiotics