Vegan and flavor go hand in hand with this lusciously simple lunch or dinner. Using low-sodium canned beans, it comes together quick as you please.
- 2 green or red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 mangos, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 4 (10") corn tortillas
- In a nonstick pan, sauté bell peppers and onion over medium heat (5 minutes).
- Add beans, stir well. Reduce heat to low and simmer (5 minutes).
- In a small bowl, combine mangos, lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Reserve ½ mixture for topping.
- Fill warmed tortillas with ¼ bean mixture and ¼ mango mixture. Fold ends of the tortillas over and roll up to make wraps. Top veggie bean wraps with remaining mango mixture.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||50%|
|Total Sugars 26g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 8g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 112.7mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 119.9mg||130%|
|Vitamin E 3.2mg||20%|
|Vitamin K 29.8mcg||25%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Mango, Low Sodium Black Beans (black Beans, Water, Sea Salt), Green Bell Pepper, Avocado, Corn Tortillas (corn Masa Flour, Water, Contains 2% Or Less Of: Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Amylase, And Propionic Acid, Benzoic Acid And Phosphoric Acid (to Maintain Freshness)), Onion, Lime Juice, Cilantro.
This season, rather than making it complicated, lets seek to engage in five healthy habits. Over time, they will lead to better overall health and wellness. Individually, these ideas may seem simple, but together they create a lifestyle that removes barriers and encourages balanced nutrition, exercise, and overall improved wellness.