Everyone loves cheesy potatoes. This recipe gives you a more nutritious way to make them!
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¾ cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 Tbsp. sliced chives, divided
- Place potatoes in a large pan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until tender when pierced with a fork (20-25 minutes).
- Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Add buttermilk and mash with a potato masher. Stir in 1¼ cups cheese until melted. Stir in salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons chives.
- Serve garnished with the remaining ¼ cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 25g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Potatoes, Skim Milk, Shredded Cheddar Cheese (milk, Salt, Enzymes), Chives, Salt, Black Pepper.
If you're out on a long bike ride or energy-draining hike and need a light, filling, nutritious snack that will make your tastebuds smile, reach for these! They're easy to make and store well at room temperature--perfect for busy days on the go.