An easy recipe for a delicious seafood night. Make a couple of servings more than you need–this fish is moist and flavorful and makes a perfect sandwich filling.
- 10 Tbsp. light Italian salad dressing
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 ½ lbs. salmon steaks or fillets
- Mix dressing and mustard and pour half of the mixture over fish. Marinate 20-30 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade and discard used marinade.
- Turn broiler on high. Place fish on pan 6-8 inches from heat. Baste with remaining half of the marinade and broil each side for 5 minutes, basting again when you flip.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 0g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Salmon, Light Italian Dressing (water, Distilled Vinegar, Soybean Oil, Sugar, Salt, Contains 2% Or Less Of Each Of The Following: Dehydrated Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Dehydrated Red Bell Peppers, Xanthan Gum, Spices, Sorbic Acid And Calcium Disodium Edta (used To Protect Quality), Dl Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E), Reb A (purified Stevia Extract), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Caramel Color, Maltodextrin (color), Modified Corn Starch), Yellow Mustard (distilled Vinegar And Water, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Paprika, Spices And Flavorings).
In most minds, dorm room dining does not evoke Instagram-worthy images of nutritious foods. Students typically do not have access to a kitchen and can feel resigned to warming up easy mac or ramen noodles in a microwave or splurging on a fast food delivery order. Yet, with some ingenuity, it’s possible to eat healthy and on a budget from a dorm room. Here are a few simple strategies and recipes from Guiding Stars to help college students eat healthy dorm room meals and snacks without spending all their cash.