Potatoes roasted with tomatoes, olives, and a range of flavorful ingredients are so delicious you’ll want this to be your focus dish for the meal. Stick with waxy potatoes for the best final texture.
- 2 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes, washed, quartered
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves, washed, patted dry
- ½ cup black olives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½-¾ cup low sodium vegetable broth, as needed
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes with spicy green chiles
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Lightly oil the bottom of a single large gratin dish.
- Dump the potatoes into a bowl. Add in the onion, garlic, bell pepper, raisins, fresh tomatoes, spinach leaves and black olives. Mix.
- Add in the olive oil, half a cup of broth, and diced tomatoes with juice. Stir to mix.
- Add the thyme and rosemary; season with sea salt and pepper. Add a shake of crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Stir to coat all the potatoes. Add a splash of broth to make everything moist, if needed.
- Spoon the potato mixture into the oiled baking dish. Roast in the center of a preheated oven until the potatoes are slightly browned and fork tender (35-45 minutes).
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 30g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 21g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 36.5mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 48.7mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 1.3mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 17.1mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Potatoes, Fire Roasted Tomatoes With Diced Chiles (organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes, Organic Tomato Juice, Organic Jalapeno Peppers, Organic Vinegar, Sea Salt, Citric Acid And Calcium Chloride), Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Green Bell Pepper, Tomatoes, Onion, Black Olives (ripe Olives, Water, Salt, Ferrous Gluconate (to Stabilize Color)), Olive Oil, Raisins, Spinach, Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…