This colorful salad is fit for a holiday event. Mix it up and add some dried cranberries and red cabbage for extra flavor and crunch.
Tip: We recommend champagne vinegar, but don’t feel like you need to buy it specially. Any good salad vinegar you have on hand will work well.
- 4 cups slivered romaine hearts
- 2 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can hearts of palm, halved and sliced
- ½ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Toss all salad vegetables together in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Toss vegetables with ingredients. Refrigerate before serving if desired.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 117.3mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 8.4mg||10%|
|Vitamin E 1.2mg||8%|
|Vitamin K 48.5mcg||40%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||4%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Hearts Of Palm (hearts Of Palm, Water, Salt, Citric Acid), Fennel, Romaine Hearts, Apples, Radishes, Belgian Endive, Champagne Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Shallots, Dijon Mustard (water, Mustard Seeds, Vinegar, Salt, Citric Acid, Sulphur Dioxide (preservative)), Radicchio, Salt.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…