This colorful salad is fit for a holiday event. Mix it up and add some dried cranberries and red cabbage for extra flavor and crunch.
Tip: We recommend champagne vinegar, but don’t feel like you need to buy it specially. Any good salad vinegar you have on hand will work well.
- 4 cups slivered romaine hearts
- 2 heads Belgian endive, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can hearts of palm, halved and sliced
- ½ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into matchsticks
1 c. radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Toss all salad vegetables together in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Toss vegetables with ingredients. Refrigerate before serving if desired.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.5g||30%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Curly Endive, Palm Hearts, Fennel, Romaine Lettuce, Apples, Radishes, Shallots, White Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard (water, Mustard Seed, Mustard Flour, Vinegar, Salt, White Wine, Citric Acid, Tumeric, Spices), Radicchio, Salt.
This slaw is colorful and delicious, and with the inclusion of sunflower seeds and cheese, it's the perfect dish to include in a kid's lunchbox to know they're getting a nice collection of nutrients to see them through the day. Serve with their favorite whole grain crackers--it's fun, tasty, and kid-friendly-weird spooned up on crackers.