You’ll find this muffin recipe to be a gem indeed. Wheat germ is the nutritious secret ingredient that boosts the protein and fiber content of these sweet and tart breakfast treasures.
Number of Servings: 12 muffins (59 G)
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. wheat germ
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 c. skim milk
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Grease 12 muffins cups or line with paper baking cups.
- In a bowl combine flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder; mix well. Add raspberries; mix well.
- In a small bowl combine milk, oil, and egg substitute; mix well. Add to raspberry mixture; stir until moistened.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.