This dish is a wonderful demonstration of how little seasoning food requires when you start with a balance of flavorful vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced
- 8 oz. green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Japanese eggplant, peeled, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cored and sliced
- 2 cups Baby Bella mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, stir until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the remaining vegetables. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked quinoa into the wok and stir to combine with the vegetables. Remove from heat and toss to fluff.
- Serve immediately; or allow it to cool.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||36%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 23g|
|Vitamin D 0.1mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 45.8mcg||6%|
|Vitamin C 49.2mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 1.8mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 33.2mcg||30%|
|Vitamin B6 0.5mg||30%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Quinoa, Japanese Eggplant, Green Beans, Squash, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Green Bell Pepper, Onion, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Garlic.
It’s back to school season. That means it’s time to stock up on new gear, so your students are prepared to start the school year in style. Don’t forget about school lunch as you create your shopping lists. Whether your family has decided between school lunch or lunch from home, there will likely be a field trip where your child could use these lunch supplies. Parents have a lot of cool new products to choose from to ensure that their child’s lunch is not only nutritious and safe, but also looks appetizing at lunch time. For this month’s Nutritious Nudge, I created a list of lunch supplies and considerations to help parents with their back to school shopping.