The time assumes that you’ve frozen your fruit in advance. If you aren’t able to freeze them overnight, give them about four hours. The banana in this recipe is functioning as your sweetener, so be sure to go for older bananas that have converted more of their starches to sugar.
- 1 (20 oz.) can diced pineapple, drained and frozen
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ½ a banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- Remove pineapple from freezer 10-15 minutes before you want it to let it soften just slightly.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until creamy. Serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Total Sugars 42g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 4g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Pineapple, Skim Milk, Banana, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice.
Overnight oatmeal is a piece of cake, and oatmeal is a great food to include in a heart-healthy diet. The only thing to watch out for is added sugar: many of us like our oatmeal covered in sugar. This recipe uses carrots and raisins and spice to minimize the need for sugar while keeping the flavor and texture high. It does include maple syrup, but you can leave the maple syrup out without hurting the flavor if you want to balance the nutrition a bit better.