If you’re looking for a way to dress up chicken so it has a little flavor of its own but can still be paired with a wide variety of dishes, look no further. If you make a large batch of this chicken, you can freeze individual breasts by wrapping them in foil and placing them in a freezer bag, providing you with a quick option for adding a little extra protein to things like salads as needed.
- 6 (6 oz.) skinless, bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. minced fresh rosemary
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⅓ cup orange juice
- Place all ingredients in a covered container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Lightly coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken and marinade in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken and return to the oven until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF (10-15 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken to individual serving plates. Spoon juice from the pan over the top of the chicken and serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken Breast, Orange Juice, Olive Oil, Garlic, Rosemary, Black Pepper.
In most minds, dorm room dining does not evoke Instagram-worthy images of nutritious foods. Students typically do not have access to a kitchen and can feel resigned to warming up easy mac or ramen noodles in a microwave or splurging on a fast food delivery order. Yet, with some ingenuity, it’s possible to eat healthy and on a budget from a dorm room. Here are a few simple strategies and recipes from Guiding Stars to help college students eat healthy dorm room meals and snacks without spending all their cash.