Calcium from plant-based sources is a valuable addition to your diet, and this delicious vegetable dish is rich in it.
- 1 pound dried lima beans
- 3 1-1/2-ounce packages assorted dried wild mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 cups Swiss chard, stemmed and sliced
- Soak lima beans overnight, covered by at least an inch of water.
- Bring 2 cups water and dried mushrooms to boil in small saucepan. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl; reserve liquid in saucepan.
- Heat oil in heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until onion is tender. Drain beans and add to pot. Pour in mushroom liquid, leaving sediment behind. Add 6 cups water.
- Bring to a simmer. Stir in red pepper and thyme. Simmer until beans are tender, 45 minutes.
- Chop mushrooms and add to pot. Simmer uncovered over medium heat until beans and mushrooms are very tender, stirring occasionally and adding water to thin as needed.
- Add chard to beans. Cover and cook until chard is tender, stirring often.
8 servings per container
Serving Size 123 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 14g||50%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 27g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 83.9mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 10.1mg||10%|
|Vitamin E 1.4mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 230.2mcg||190%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Large Lima Beans, Swiss Chard, Onion, Porcini Mushrooms, Olive Oil, Garlic, Red Pepper Flakes, Thyme.
Latest from Our Blog
Avoiding Burnout With Your Health Goals
In order to successfully achieve a health goal, it should fit into your life seamlessly. Avoid burnout by following this helpful advice.