You can make this snack mix peanut-free by swapping in almonds, pumpkin seeds or soy nuts. By making this at home, you have control over the amount of salt and sugar used to make this flavorful, crunchy snack mix.
- 5 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups unsalted mini pretzels
- 2 cups rye chips
- 1½ cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the cereal, pretzels, chips and peanuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, honey, mustard, onion powder and salt.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and stir to thoroughly coat. Spread evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until the mixture is light golden-brown and toasted (30-35 minutes). Cool before serving and stored in an airtight container.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 1g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 22g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Wheat Chex (whole Grain Wheat, Sugar, Salt, Molasses, Trisodium Phosphate, Bht Added To Preserve Freshness. Vitamins And Minerals: Calcium Chloride, Iron And Zinc (mineral Nutrients), Vitamin C (sodium Ascorbate), A B Vitamin (niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), A B Vitamin (folic Acid), Vitamin B1 (thiamin Mononitrate), Vitamin A (palmitate), Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3), Dry Roasted Peanuts, Rye Chips (enriched Flour (wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Soybean Oil, Rye Flour, Soybean Oil. Contains 2% Or Less Of: Salt, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Yeast, Canola Oil, Caramel Color, Dried Worcestershire Sauce (vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor), Maltodextrin, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Fumaric Acid, Caraway, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Sodium Diacetate. Freshness Preserved By Bht), Honey, Unsalted Mini Pretzels (enriched Flour (wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Malt (tapioca Syrup, Malt Extract), Cane Sugar, Canola Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Yeast, Soda), Olive Oil, Mustard Seeds, Salt, Onion Powder.
Overnight oatmeal is a piece of cake, and oatmeal is a great food to include in a heart-healthy diet. The only thing to watch out for is added sugar: many of us like our oatmeal covered in sugar. This recipe uses carrots and raisins and spice to minimize the need for sugar while keeping the flavor and texture high. It does include maple syrup, but you can leave the maple syrup out without hurting the flavor if you want to balance the nutrition a bit better.