Crisp, refreshing cucumber is the perfect flavor partner for an abundance of fresh herbs. Enjoy this salad during the dog days of summer, when something cool is exactly what you need.
- ¼ cup plain, low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. coarsely chopped mint
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 5½ cups thinly sliced cucumber (about 2 large)
- 2½ cups thinly sliced red onion
1.) Combine the first 10 ingredients in a food processor or a blender, and process until well blended.
2.) Combine the cucumber and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with yogurt mixture, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2.5g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||4%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 10.2mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 9.5mg||10%|
|Vitamin E 0.4mg||0%|
|Vitamin K 27.6mcg||25%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Cucumber, Onion, Plain Lowfat Yogurt (cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Nonfat Milk Solids, And Whey), Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard (water, Organic Mustard Seeds, Organic Vinegar, Salt, Organic Turmeric, Organic Spices), Parsley, Garlic, Salt, Dill, Peppermint, Black Pepper.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…