This recipe creates a refreshing, satisfying and healthy lunch! You can eat these salad pockets as their own meal, or you can use the salad and dressing to top your favorite falafel recipe.
Number of Servings: 4 (203 G )
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 whole grain pita rounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 3 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss with your hands to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, whisk together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the mixed salad and toss again to combine.
- Cut the pita rounds in half and fill each half with the dressed salad mixture.