This recipe creates a refreshing, satisfying and healthy lunch! You can eat these salad pockets as their own meal, or you can use the salad and dressing to top your favorite falafel recipe.
- 4 whole grain pita rounds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup red peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 3 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped Romaine lettuce
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and gently toss with your hands to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, whisk together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the top of the mixed salad and toss again to combine.
- Cut the pita rounds in half and fill each half with the dressed salad mixture.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 42g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Wheat Pita (water, Whole Wheat Flour, Oat Fiber, Defatted Soy Flour, Canola Oil, Yeast, Salt, Non-aluminum Baking Powder (sodium Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Calcium Propionate (to Retard Spoilage), Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum), Red Bell Pepper, Green Pepper, Cucumber, Feta Cheese (milk, Salt, Enzymes, Cheese Cultures), Romaine Lettuce, Red Onion, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Parsley, Oregano.
Summertime, and the eating is fishy...in a good way. Visit your seafood counter for the freshest catch of the week and top it with the farmer's market-ripe tomatoes and an absolute bounty of basil for a dish that will having your guests absolutely swimming in anticipatory saliva.