Roasting brings a sweet note to the powerful flavor of garlic which shines in this simple dip. Mix up the fresh herbs to star your favorite flavors. Serves with whole wheat pita bread or fresh veggies.
- 1 head garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice top off garlic to expose cloves. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of oil and wrap in foil. Bake until cloves are tender (20-30 minutes).
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, pop cloves out of the skin.
- Purée all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 2g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Not Salt Added White Beans (organic White Kidney Beans, Water, Kombu Seaweed.), Garlic, Olive Oil, Thyme, Rosemary.
During the holidays, we gather with friends and family to lavish each other with love...often in the form of food. As much as we all enjoy the sweets this time of year, they can be rough on our systems. That's true of everyone, but especially true of people with conditions like diabetes who need to watch their food carefully to manage their blood sugar safely. This year, why not show your love by adding in one or two options to help your guests manage their health?