Turn vegetables into the star of your next shindig with these richly decadent treats. If the grill is put away for the winter, roast the eggplant slices in the oven at 400 degrees.
- 1 eggplant, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and crushed
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme, to garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss eggplant slices with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill eggplant until soft, flipping after 2-3 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except for tomato, and mix well.
- Top each eggplant slice with a slice of tomato. Divide cheese mixture evenly across vegetable stacks.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve warm.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 22.6mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 8.5mg||8%|
|Vitamin E 1mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 36.8mcg||30%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Eggplant, Tomatoes, Light Mayonnaise (water, Modified Corn Starch, Soybean Oil, Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Egg Whites, Salt, Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Lemon And Lime Peel Fibers, Colors Added, Lactic Acid, (sodium Benzoate), Calcium Disodium Edta), Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors), Parmesan Cheese (milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Olive Oil, Thyme, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…