The cornflakes make this chicken crispy even in the microwave. A dried poultry seasoning blend could be used here if you haven’t any fresh or dried rosemary. By using the microwave to cook a single breast, this recipe becomes the perfect quick meal option for one or two people on a busy night.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, split
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper
- Rinse and dry chicken pieces thoroughly. Dip in milk.
- Mix cornflake crumbs with rosemary or coriander and pepper. Roll chicken in the seasoned crumbs.
- Place on microwave-safe roasting rack. Cover with paper towel.
- Microwave 4-6 minutes on High or until done.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 9g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken Breast, 1% Milk, Cornflake Crumbs, Rosemary, Black Pepper.
Overnight oatmeal is a piece of cake, and oatmeal is a great food to include in a heart-healthy diet. The only thing to watch out for is added sugar: many of us like our oatmeal covered in sugar. This recipe uses carrots and raisins and spice to minimize the need for sugar while keeping the flavor and texture high. It does include maple syrup, but you can leave the maple syrup out without hurting the flavor if you want to balance the nutrition a bit better.