The cornflakes make this chicken crispy even in the microwave. A dried poultry seasoning blend could be used here if you don’t have any rosemary. By using the microwave to cook a single breast, this recipe becomes the perfect quick meal option on a busy night.
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, split in half
- ¼ cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup cornflake crumbs
- ¼ tsp. rosemary
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Rinse and dry chicken pieces thoroughly. Dip in milk.
- Mix cornflake crumbs with rosemary and pepper. Roll chicken in the seasoned crumbs.
- Cover with paper towel. Microwave 4-6 minutes on High or until done.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 9g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chicken Breast, 1% Milk, Cornflake Crumbs, Rosemary, Black Pepper.
Summertime, and the eating is fishy...in a good way. Visit your seafood counter for the freshest catch of the week and top it with the farmer's market-ripe tomatoes and an absolute bounty of basil for a dish that will having your guests absolutely swimming in anticipatory saliva.