More fruity than tomato-y, this gazpacho is a celebration of summer’s finest bounty. Onion, fresh mint, and lemon juice round out the flavor profile for a crisply refreshing side.
- 2 cups finely chopped tomatoes (about ¾ lb.)
- 2 cups finely diced honeydew melon (about ¾ lb.)
- 2 cups finely diced cantaloupe (about ¾ lb.)
- 1 cup finely diced mango (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup finely diced, seeded, peeled, cucumber (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup finely diced nectarines (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (about 4 oranges)
- ½ cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 21g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 132mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 68.9mg||80%|
|Vitamin E 1.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 17.7mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.2mg||10%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Nectarines, Tomatoes, Honeydew Melon, Cantaloupe, Orange Juice, Cucumber, Mango, Vidalia Onion, Lemon Juice, Jalapeno Pepper, Basil, Peppermint, Salt.
A White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health was held in September for the first time in over 50 years. The Conference coincided with the Biden Administration’s release of the National Strategy to improve our overall health and nutritional well-being. These are the goals of the Strategy that we think you should know about.