This quick and delicious chickpea salad is perfect as a filling for this wrap or for a sandwich, or a topping for a salad. Make it a go-to option in your lunch rotation!
- 2 (15 oz.) cans no-salt-added chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c. plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. low-fat bleu cheese
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 T. hot sauce
- 4 c. lettuce, washed and torn
- 4 whole grain wraps
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Mash the chickpeas until they are as squashed as you want them.
- Place lettuce on the wraps, top with chickpea mixture, and wrap tightly.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||40%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 9g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Chickpeas, Lettuce, Whole Wheat Wraps (whole Wheat, Water, Unbleached, Unbromated, Enriched Wheat Flour (wheat Flour, Niacin (vitamin B3), Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Malted Barley Flour), Soybean Oil And/or Canola Oil, Contains 2% Or Less: Mono And Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Calcium Propionate (as Preservative), Sea Salt, Leavenings (sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Fumaric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Sorbate (as Preservative), Dough Conditioner (sodium Metabisulfite, Microcrystalline, Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate), Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (skim Milk, Active Bacterial Culture, Vitamin As Palmitate, Vitamin D3), Celery, Blue Cheese (pasteurized Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes, Penicillium Roqueforti), Hot Pepper Sauce (distilled Vinegar, Red Pepper, Salt).
Summertime, and the eating is fishy...in a good way. Visit your seafood counter for the freshest catch of the week and top it with the farmer's market-ripe tomatoes and an absolute bounty of basil for a dish that will having your guests absolutely swimming in anticipatory saliva.