You’ll need to make this early in the day to allow it to firm up in the freezer for a few hours. Other than that, it’s incredibly easy with just two ingredients. Try this with fresh strawberries or raspberries or a combination of your favorite berries. Pour into popsicle molds for a fun alternative way to eat it.
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 (6 oz.) can frozen apple juice concentrate
- In a food processor or blender, puree together blueberries and apple juice concentrate.
- Pour into a large baking pan. Cover and freeze until firm around the edges, about 2 hours.
- Break the frozen mixture into pieces and place in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, but not melted.
- Move to an airtight container and freeze until firm (3-4 hours). Serve within a few days.
When it comes to preparing food, college dorm living can seem two steps away from camping. It only worsens when daytime dining hall options are limited to a scarcely stocked canteen or a busy schedule that requires a dorm room to be stocked with actual food. My colleagues have shared dorm room hacks and tips for turning your dorm room into a kitchen. As college students make the move to dorm rooms for another year it’s a good time to revisit these ideas and more.