Make a double batch of these hearty burritos and wrap individually to freeze for easy breakfasts any time. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway through, to reheat.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 med. red potato, coarsely grated
- 1 (14 oz.) can no-salt-added black beans
- ½ cup low-sodium salsa
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 lg. eggs, scrambled
- 4 (10 in.) whole grain tortillas
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and potato until soft and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the beans, salsa and chili powder and cook until warm, 3–5 minutes.
- Divide the egg and the bean mixture among four whole wheat tortillas. Top with shredded cheese, avocado slices and cilantro.
- Roll into a burrito and serve warm.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 21.5g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||0%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 18g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Wheat Tortilla (whole Wheat Flour, Cultured Wheat Flour With Added Vinegar, Organic Palm Fruit Oil, Leavening (sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Corn Starch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Sugar, Salt, Guar Gum, Citric Acid), Black Beans, Potatoes, Avocado, Eggs, Medium Salsa (organic Diced Tomatoes, Organic Crushed Tomatoes, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Jalapeno Peppers, Organic Cilantro, Organic Lime Juice Concentrate, Organic Cider Vinegar, Sea Salt, Organic Cumin, Organic Black Pepper), Onion, Lowfat Cheddar Cheese (milk, Cultures, Enzymes, Salt), Olive Oil, Chili Peppers, Powder, Cilantro.
Classic ceviche involves using raw fish and relying on the acidity of your sauce to "cook" the fish for you. Getting that dish right safely is a challenge even for pros, but you can enjoy those wonderful, fresh summer flavors in this dish with confidence that you and your guests will be as safe as you are well fed.