Make a double batch of these hearty burritos and wrap individually to freeze for easy breakfasts any time. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway through, to reheat.
Number of Servings: 4 (361 G )
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 med. red potato, coarsely grated
- 1 (14 oz.) can no-salt-added black beans
- ½ cup low-sodium salsa
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 4 lg. eggs, scrambled
- 4 (10 in.) whole grain tortillas
- ½ cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat half of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and potato until soft and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the beans, salsa and chili powder and cook until warm, 3–5 minutes.
- Divide the egg and the bean mixture among four whole wheat tortillas. Top with shredded cheese, avocado slices and cilantro.
- Roll into a burrito and serve warm.