Whether you’re looking for a delightful side to bring to a holiday party or a simple snack to squash an afternoon craving, this easy dip is packed with protein to keep you full and flavor to wow your friends. Serve with a colorful array of cut veggies for big nutritional and visual impact or hearty, whole-grain crackers.
Number of Servings: 16 (34 G )
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and well drained
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sliced green onion tops
- Assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers
1. In a large food processor, combine beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
2. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; stir in the thinly sliced green onion. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
3. To serve, garnish with sliced green onion tops. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers.