Whether you’re looking for a delightful side to bring to a holiday party or a simple snack to squash an afternoon craving, this easy dip is packed with protein to keep you full and flavor to wow your friends. Serve with a colorful array of cut veggies for big nutritional and visual impact or hearty, whole-grain crackers.
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and well drained
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sliced green onion tops
- Assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers
1. In a large food processor, combine beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
2. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; stir in the thinly sliced green onion. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
3. To serve, garnish with sliced green onion tops. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|Total Sugars 0g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 0g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Great Northern Beans (prepared Great Northern Beans, Water, Salt And Calcium Chloride), Artichoke Hearts, Lemon Juice, Onion, Garlic, Lemon Peel, Salt, Cayenne Pepper.
Overnight oatmeal is a piece of cake, and oatmeal is a great food to include in a heart-healthy diet. The only thing to watch out for is added sugar: many of us like our oatmeal covered in sugar. This recipe uses carrots and raisins and spice to minimize the need for sugar while keeping the flavor and texture high. It does include maple syrup, but you can leave the maple syrup out without hurting the flavor if you want to balance the nutrition a bit better.