Join dietitians Kit Broihier and Allison Stowell on Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 12:00 PM ET for this free, one-hour webinar.
How can making mindful choices lead to better nutrition? Just in time for National Nutrition Month®, we’ll look at how our choice of foods, the way we prepare those foods and other aspects of meal time impact our satisfaction and eating enjoyment (and ultimately the nutritional quality of our diet). Learn how to adopt a better approach to food and nutrition as well as an overall healthful lifestyle.
This free, one-hour webinar has been approved for one CPE credit for Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians, Registered. Meets learning codes 4030, 5370 and 8100. You will be able to:
- Define the phrase “mindful eating”
- Understand how food choices, meal time and meal enjoyment/satisfaction are connected to maintaining healthful diet
- Put the National Nutrition Month Theme (“Savor the Flavor of Eating Right”) into action with tips and tools for creating nutritious and satisfying food
- Discuss industry trends and ways food manufacturers are helping the home cook embrace meal time with health in mind
- Share educational tools and education with patients, clients, consumers, colleagues, students and others that enable them to prepare nutritious, satisfying meals that encourage a healthful lifestyle
- Center for Mindful Eating website
- Intuitive Eating website
- Slim By Design website (Brian Wansink, PhD)
- Guiding Stars Webinar: Rise of Mini Meals
- Beating Your Mindless Eating Habits