Not long ago, gluten-free diets were the struggle for a small number of people wrestling with a specific medical condition. Now, however, every store and restaurant you walk into seems to sport their wide array of gluten-free options with pride. Guiding Stars nutrition experts explore why this trend has grown so quickly and what its wider implications may be. In our free webinar, you’ll learn about:
- The growing trend of gluten-free living and why consumers are adopting a gluten-free lifestyle
- The history of gluten-free foods and how they have changed over time.
- The broader impact of gluten free living on health and what it means for the dietetics field.
- The future of the gluten-free revolution and whether this trend is here to stay.
- FDA Gluten-Free Labeling: Request for Comments
- Gluten-Free Watchdog
- Drug, Club, Foodservice: The next big growth opportunities for gluten-free?
- Gluten-Free Baking: Tips and Flour Alternatives
- Today’s Dietitian: Fiber Boost, May 2013
- The University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center
- Quality Assurance International
Allison uses her background as a food and nutrition expert to help others adopt healthier living. Frequently asked to contribute to nutrition, wellness and family life blogs and publications. She also frequently speaks to community groups and leads seminars on nutrition, balanced diet and disease prevention. As Guiding Stars’ Consulting Dietitian, Allison supports Guiding Stars partners in using the Guiding Stars nutritional algorithm to educate the communities they serve.
Her thoughts on nutrition can be also found in her Guiding Stars health and wellness blog. Allison also serves as a Retail Dietitian for Hannaford Supermarket, a Guiding Stars retail partner. Her professional journey also includes maintaining a private practice, which emphasizes a non-diet approach and increasing mindful eating as the key to making better food choices and healthy living. She lives in Connecticut with her husband, two young children and her dog Josie.
Kitty is a member of the Guiding Stars Scientific Advisory Panel, a panel of experts in the fields of nutrition and public health, formed to develop a set of criteria which resulted in the design of a now patented algorithm used to analyze food products. Kitty is also a food and nutrition communications expert and the owner of NutriComm Inc., a marketing and communications company that services food manufacturers, trade groups and public relations firms nationwide.
Previously on the editorial staff at Good Housekeeping magazine, she has written many magazine articles and contributes regularly to a variety of publications and websites, including the Guiding Stars blog. Kitty is also the co-author of several cookbooks. A member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and several of the association’s practice groups, she served two terms of service as the president of the Maine Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Kitty is also an adjunct instructor in the nutrition department at Southern Maine Community College. A mother to two young adults, she resides in Lisbon, Maine with her husband.