Do you want to sort the media hype from the science when it comes to understanding whether a fat is good for you or not? This webinar will explore the latest research on dietary fats, how dietary fat is connected to present and future health status, how the food industry impacts our dietary fat choices and what consumers are hearing and understanding regarding fat and health.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe recent research on dietary fats and disease/health status
- Understand the impact of the food industry on dietary fat intake
- Report on current dietary fat guidelines/recommendations
- Review how the message on dietary fat has evolved over time
- Examine current consumer trends regarding health messages/recommendations for fat intake
- Report on the current dietary fat guidelines
- Share science and education gained with patients, clients, consumers, colleagues, students and others to increase their knowledge and encourage greater future understanding of this important topic
This free, one-hour webinar, which is approved for one CPE credit for Registered Dietitians and Dietetic Technicians, Registered. Meets learning codes 2070, 4040 and 5000.
- Harvard School of Public Health Podcast: Clearing Up The Confusion Over Fat
- Facts on Fats: 50 Years of AHA Guidelines
- History of Recommendations to the Public about Dietary Fat
- NutritionFacts with Dr. Greger Video: What About Coconuts, Coconut Milk and Coconut Oil?
- AHA Presidential Advisory “Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease,” June 2017