Want more zucchini and eggplant? This is the recipe for you!
- 2 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 1 eggplant
- 1 large bell pepper (or 2 small)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, chop the onion, eggplant and red pepper into small bite-sized pieces.
2. In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and sautée all of the vegetables (except the zucchini) over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook until they are tender (about 5-7 minutes).
3. While the veggies are cooking, slice the zucchinis in half length-wise and scoop out the seedy flesh along their centers. Drizzle the bottom of a baking dish with 1/2 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil and place the zucchinis in the dish, skin side down.
4. Fill the zucchinis equally with the cooked veggie mixture. Drizzle the finished stuffed zucchini with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Bake until zucchini is tender (about 20-25 minutes), and enjoy!
Tip: To take it up a notch, sprinkle with some freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.5g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||21%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 16.9mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 46.5mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 1.6mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 15.5mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Eggplant, Zucchini Squash, Green Bell Pepper, Onion, Olive Oil, Salt, Black Pepper.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…