You’ll love this fresh twist on a classic fall favorite. Red curry paste can be found in the international section of most grocery stores or at Asian markets. Be sure to use the lowest fat coconut milk available for the healthiest preparation.
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 T. red curry paste
- 4 c. butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 t. fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. unsweetened, low-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 t. fine sea salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add carrot, celery, onion and red curry paste. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent.
- Stir in squash, thyme, broth, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender.
- Use an immersion blender to purée soup. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully purée in batches in a traditional blender.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 8g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (filtered Water, Organic Carrots, Organic Tomatoes, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Garlic, Organic Leeks, Sea Salt, Organic Bay Leaves, Organic Parsley, Organic Thyme), Butternut Squash, Lite Coconut Milk (water, Coconut Milk, Guar Gum (a Natural Emulsifier), Onion, Carrots, Celery, Olive Oil, Red Curry Paste (red Chili, Garlic, Lemongrass, Galangal (thai Ginger), Salt, Onion, Kaffir Lime, Coriander, Pepper), Cilantro, Salt, Black Pepper, Thyme.
Want to really get kids excited about cooking? Invite them to participate in a junior chef competition! On March 15, 2018 the Bethel Public School district in Connecticut held their annual Future Chefs All-Star Edition cooking competition sponsored by Sodexho.