You’ll love this fresh twist on a classic fall favorite. Red curry paste can be found in the international section of most grocery stores or at Asian markets. Be sure to use the lowest fat coconut milk available for the healthiest preparation.
Number of Servings: 6 (336 G )
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 T. red curry paste
- 4 c. butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 t. fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 c. low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. unsweetened, low-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 t. fine sea salt
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add carrot, celery, onion and red curry paste. Cook until vegetables have begun to soften and onion turns translucent.
- Stir in squash, thyme, broth, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until squash is fork-tender.
- Use an immersion blender to purée soup. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully purée in batches in a traditional blender.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.