These bean burgers taste great. Their complex combination of ingredients offers phenomenal flavor. As with most veggie burgers, they are on the soft side. Use a pan to cook them over a grill.
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 (15 oz.) can low sodium pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with press
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chile powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped jalapeño
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Cook rice as label directs; let cool.
- Make salsa by combining tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, and salt. Set aside.
- In food processor, pulse rice, beans, corn, garlic, coriander, chile powder, salt, and ground black pepper until combined but still chunky. (This can be refrigerated, covered, up to 4 hours)
- Shape mixture into 4 (1″ thick) patties.
- Spray a 12″ nonstick skillet and heat on medium (1 minute).
- Cook burgers until browned, turning once (8-10 minutes).
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||21%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 11g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 39.6mcg||4%|
|Vitamin C 16.8mg||20%|
|Vitamin E 1mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 10.6mcg||10%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tomatoes, Low Sodium Pinto Beans (water, Pinto Beans, Sea Salt), Brown Rice, Whole Yellow Corn, Lime Juice, Jalapeno Pepper, Garlic, Salt, Cooking Spray (canola Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Palm Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Coconut Oil (adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat), Lecithin From Soybeans (non Stick Agent), Dimethyl Silicone (for Anti-foaming), Rosemary Extract (preservative)), Cilantro, Chili Powder, Black Pepper, Coriander.
This season, rather than making it complicated, lets seek to engage in five healthy habits. Over time, they will lead to better overall health and wellness. Individually, these ideas may seem simple, but together they create a lifestyle that removes barriers and encourages balanced nutrition, exercise, and overall improved wellness.