If you love a good BLT, you’ll love this vegan twist on the old classic. Smoked paprika might not be in your cupboard yet, but it probably should be…the smoky spice is essential to giving tempeh that bacon-like oomph.
Number of Servings: 4 (189 G )
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 4 oz. tempeh, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- Sprinkle tempeh with paprika, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Cook tempeh for about 4 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.
- Mix mashed avocado with lime juice.
- Spread avocado on each slice of toast. Top with lettuce, tomato and crispy tempeh.