Serve your shrimp skewers over a bed of brown or white basmati rice with a side of steamed or grilled veggies for a quick and healthy dinner. With such an easy preparation, spicing up your weeknight meals with this dish is almost as easy as ordering takeout from your favorite Indian place.
- ¾ cup plain lowfat yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 tsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Combine the yogurt, cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic and curry powder in a small bowl and stir well.
- Toss the shrimp with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Soak skewers in water and preheat grill to medium. Skewer shrimp and grill until shrimp turn opaque (3-5 minutes).
- Serve with lime wedges and cilantro leaves to garnish.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.5g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 1g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 1g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Shrimp, Plain Lowfat Yogurt (cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Nonfat Milk Solids, And Whey), Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Ginger, Cilantro, Curry Powder (spices, Turmeric, Garlic, Silicon Dioxide), Garlic.
There's no better veg to accompany the early eggs of spring than tender, young asparagus, which is just starting to become available now in the northeast. The dish you want: a simple frittata. If you're restricting cholesterol, you can stick with the egg substitute as written in the recipe, but if you keep chickens, you can make this just as easily by swapping in six eggs.