Sundal is a traditional Indian snack that meets our golden rule of snacking: a little protein and a little healthful fat. Coconut and tomato bring a sweet and tart flavor combination to the smoky heat of the chili.
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 chili pepper, halved and seeds removed
- ⅛ tsp. asafetida or garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium.
- When the oil is hot, add the chili and asafetida or garlic powder.
- Add the chickpeas and sauté until warm (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in the coconut, tomato, and salt. Serve hot.
4 servings per container
Serving Size 85 g
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 8.8mcg||2%|
|Vitamin C 6.3mg||6%|
|Vitamin E 0.7mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 4.9mcg||4%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Chickpeas (prepared Chick Peas, Water, Salt, Calcium Chloride (firming Agent), Disodium Edta Added To Promote Color Retention), Tomatoes, Jalapeno Pepper, Canola Oil, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, Salt, Garlic Powder.
Latest from Our Blog
Avoiding Burnout With Your Health Goals
In order to successfully achieve a health goal, it should fit into your life seamlessly. Avoid burnout by following this helpful advice.