Sundal - 2 Guiding Stars
Active Time
Total Time
Servings
Two Guiding Stars icon Two Guiding Stars indicate better nutritional value.

Sundal is a traditional Indian snack that meets our golden rule of snacking: a little protein and a little healthful fat. Coconut and tomato bring a sweet and tart flavor combination to the smoky heat of the chili.

Ingredients

  • 2 tsp. canola oil
  • 1 chili pepper, halved and seeds removed
  • ⅛ tsp. asafetida or garlic powder
  • 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1 plum tomato, chopped
  • ⅛ tsp. salt

Directions

  1. Heat oil in a medium sauté pan over medium.
  2. When the oil is hot, add the chili and asafetida or garlic powder.
  3. Add the chickpeas and sauté until warm (3-4 minutes).
  4. Stir in the coconut, tomato, and salt. Serve hot.
Nutritional analysis per serving: Calories 90; Total Fat 4.5g (6% Daily Value); Saturated Fat 1.5g (8% DV); Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg (0% DV); Sodium 155mg (7% DV); Total Carbohydrate 10g (4% DV); Dietary Fiber 3.5g (11% DV); Total Sugars 2g; Includes 0g Added Sugars (0% DV); Protein 3g; Vitamin D 0% DV; Calcium 2% DV; Iron 6% DV; Potassium 4% DV; Manganese 20% DV; Vitamin B6 20% DV; Copper 10% DV.
Recipe by Guiding Stars at https://guidingstars.com/recipes/sundal/
© 2022 Guiding Stars Licensing Company. All rights reserved. US Patent Nos. 7,974,881; 8,626,796