Cod cooked in a deeply flavored tomato broth over rice is a wonderfully homey Spanish dish. Canned tomatoes with no added salt can be used to replace fresh tomatoes.
- 1 (3½ oz.) boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1½ lb. wild Atlantic cod fillets, cut into 8 pieces
- ¼ cup sliced shallots
- ⅛ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups chopped plum tomatoes
- ½ cup fat-free, low sodium vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 thyme sprig
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
- While rice cooks, heat a skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Combine salt, paprika, and black pepper; sprinkle evenly over fish. Add fish to pan, skin side down; cook until lightly browned (3 minutes). Turn fish over; reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add shallots, crushed red pepper, and garlic; cook until shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally (4 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, broth, wine, and thyme; bring to a simmer, and cook (6 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon parsley and juice; stir gently to combine. Discard thyme sprig.
- Combine cooked rice, remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, and almonds. Place about 1/3 cup rice mixture in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 2 pieces of fish and 1/2 cup tomato mixture.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.5g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||11%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 20g|
|Vitamin D 1.5mcg||10%|
|Vitamin A 74.4mcg||8%|
|Vitamin C 17.2mg||20%|
|Vitamin E 3.5mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 54.1mcg||45%|
|Vitamin B6 0.6mg||35%|
|Vitamin B12 1.6mcg||60%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Cod, Tomatoes, Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Boil In Bag Brown Rice (whole Grain Parboiled Brown Rice), White Wine, Shallots, Almonds, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Parsley, Garlic, Salt, Paprika, Black Pepper, Thyme, Red Pepper Flakes.