Hearty, warm, satisfying…and vegan! This vegetable-stuffed soup is easy to set up and full of flavor. Serve with a little good whole grain bread to sop up the tasty juices.
- 1 lb. butternut squash, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2½ cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup dried lentils
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- Place all the ingredients, except cilantro and avocado, in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the lentils are tender (6-8 hours).
- Top with cilantro and avocado to serve.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 10.5g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 39g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.5g||43%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 18g|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Water, Butternut Squash, Crushed Tomatoes (tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Salt, Citric Acid, Calcium Chloride), Avocado, Black Beans, White Beans (organic White Kidney Beans, Water, Kombu Seaweed), Lentils, Red Bell Pepper, Onion, Chili Powder, Olive Oil, Cilantro, Cumin, Garlic, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper.
If you're out on a long bike ride or energy-draining hike and need a light, filling, nutritious snack that will make your tastebuds smile, reach for these! They're easy to make and store well at room temperature--perfect for busy days on the go.