Hearty, warm, satisfying…and vegan! This vegetable-stuffed soup is easy to set up and full of flavor. Serve with a little good whole grain bread to sop up the tasty juices.
Number of Servings: 8 (350 G)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- 1 lb. butternut squash, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2½ cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no-salt-added crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can no-salt-added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup dried lentils
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- Place all the ingredients except the cilantro and avocado in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until the lentils are tender, 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro and avocado.