Curry powder brings a little color and a lot of flavor to an otherwise simple stir-fry for a quick dinner that can be modified to use up whatever bits of veggies you have in the fridge. Serve hot over your favorite whole grain, such as brown rice or quinoa.
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1½ Tbsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- Mix together curry powder, oregano, cornstarch, and salt. Toss with chicken to coat.
- Preheat ½ tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. When oil simmers, add vegetables and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, until vegetables begin to brown (6-8 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add coated chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through (5-7 minutes). Stir in vegetables, lime juice, and mint and cook until heated through (1 minute).
- Serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.5g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 347.6mcg||40%|
|Vitamin C 55.6mg||60%|
|Vitamin E 2.4mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 15mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 1.2mg||70%|
|Vitamin B12 0.2mcg||8%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Green Bell Pepper, Carrots, Onion, Mint, Canola Oil, Garlic, Lime Juice, Cornstarch, Curry Powder (spices, Turmeric, Garlic, Silicon Dioxide), Salt, Oregano, Cayenne Pepper.
Check out these five handy kitchen gadgets that'll level-up your culinary game, and also make excellent holiday gifts.