Escarole? I’m on a role! Any hearty greens will work for this pantry-friendly dish, though. The beans and pasta choices are equally flexible.
- 8 oz. uncooked whole wheat rotini
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (12 oz.) bag chopped escarole (or kale)
- ¾ cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook until garlic begins to brown, stirring constantly (45 seconds).
- Add escarole; cook until escarole begins to wilt (1 minute).
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook until escarole is tender and liquid nearly evaporates (5 minutes).
- Stir in pasta, beans, and salt. Top with cheese.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 2g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 57g||21%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||39%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 126.8mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 7.6mg||8%|
|Vitamin E 1.4mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 200.8mcg||170%|
|Vitamin B6 0.1mg||6%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Escarole, Cannellini Beans (prepared Cannellini Beans, Water, Salt, Calcium Chloride (firming Agent), Disodium Edta (to Promote Color Retention)), Whole Wheat Rotini (whole Durum Wheat Flour), Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (cow's Milk, Rennet, Salt), Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt, Red Pepper Flakes.