These delightfully spiced tacos make an excellent vegetarian addition to the table whether your family is vegetarian or just trying to enjoy more vegetables. You’ll love the flavor, and who can say no to the fun of putting together their own taco?
Number of Servings: 4 (306 G )
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups mixed squash, beets and parsnips; peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Toss the vegetables and onion with 2 tablespoons oil, oregano, chili powder, cumin, half of the salt and black pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast until vegetables are tender (15-20 minutes).
- Toss cabbage with remaining oil, lime juice, cilantro and remaining salt. Make the slaw up to a day in advance to give flavors time to incorporate.
- Assemble tacos and serve warm.