White lima beans, also sold as butter beans, are large, tender, and pick up flavors from their surrounding ingredients beautifully. They’re an excellent partner for fresh corn and the bright summer flavors in this salad.
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1½ cups cooked white lima beans, if using canned drain and rinse well
- ½ lb. red ripe tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large 2 quart saucepan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Stir in corn kernels and cook until corn is just cooked enough so that it’s no longer starchy but still crunchy (2-3 minutes). Drain corn into a colander and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Shake the corn to rid of excess water.
- Place corn in a large mixing bowl and add lima beans, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
- In a large mixing cup whisk together lime juice, chili powder, olive oil, oregano and salt until combined. Pour over corn and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cracked pepper to taste.
- Stir salad ingredients together to thoroughly coat everything with dressing. Cover and chill salad to allow flavors to blend (20 minutes).
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 34g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||21%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 20g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 57.6mcg||6%|
|Vitamin C 24.1mg||25%|
|Vitamin E 1.9mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 17.8mcg||15%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Whole Yellow Corn, Lima Beans, Tomatoes, Onion, Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Chili Powder, Cilantro, Salt, Oregano.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…