Low-sodium canned beans and quick-cooking orzo make this recipe cook up quite speedily. To save even more prep time, use fresh prepared or frozen vegetables.
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2½ cups (¾") cubed, peeled, butternut squash
- 2½ cups (¾") cubed, peeled, baking potato
- 1 cup (1") cut green beans (about ¼ lb.)
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 cups chopped kale
- ½ cup uncooked orzo
- 1 (16 oz.) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup (2 oz.) grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender (2½ minutes).
- Add broth and the next 7 ingredients (broth through salt); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer (3 minutes).
- Add kale, orzo, and beans; cook until orzo is done and vegetables are tender (5 minutes). Sprinkle with cheese.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 26g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 409.9mcg||45%|
|Vitamin C 31.9mg||35%|
|Vitamin E 1.3mg||6%|
|Vitamin K 70.3mcg||60%|
|Vitamin B6 0.3mg||20%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Low Sodium Vegetable Broth (water, Organic Carrots, Organic Celery, Organic Onions, Organic Leeks, Organic Tomato Puree (organic Tomatoes, Sea Salt, Citric Acid), Organic Mushrooms, Organic Garlic, Organic Spices, Organic Sea Salt), Potatoes, Butternut Squash, White Beans (white Beans, Water, Potassium Chloride, And Salt), Onion, Green Beans, Orzo (semolina (wheat), Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate (iron), Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Carrots, Kale, Parmesan Cheese ((pasteurized Part-skim Cow's Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Cellulose Powder Added To Prevent Caking, Potassium Sorbate To Protect Flavor), Soybean Oil, Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper, Oregano.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…