Swap out your standby pizza dough to make mini pizzas with a flavorful vegetable: Portobello mushrooms! Lightly cooking the toppings before baking is the key to stellar flavor and texture.
Tip: The filling can be prepped in advance to make this come together more quickly.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 leek, chopped, white part only
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed
- 4 Tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until they’re soft (8-10 minutes).
- Add the leek, tomatoes, and salt. Cook until the tomatoes are soft (5-6 minutes).
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the vegetables and add the basil.
- Lay the mushroom gills-up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and divide the vegetable mix between them. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Bake until mushrooms are tender and cheese is bubbling (15-18 minutes). Serve immediately.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 8g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 4g|
|Vitamin D 0.3mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 107mcg||10%|
|Vitamin C 30.5mg||35%|
|Vitamin E 1.6mg||15%|
|Vitamin K 66.3mcg||60%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0.1mcg||4%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tomatoes, Portobello Mushrooms, Onion, Leeks, Parmesan Cheese (pasteurized Part-skim Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Garlic, Basil, Parsley, Salt.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…