This recipe is wonderful with fresh microgreens, but if you don’t grow them or can’t find them, arugula offers a wonderful flavor. The tangy, lightly spicy coconut sauce is perfectly complemented by the spicy, nutty taste of arugula. If salmon isn’t the best option in your seafood department, trout would make an excellent alternative.
- 8 oz. skinless, boneless salmon fillets
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 in. piece of ginger, crushed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cups micro greens or baby arugula
- 1 chili pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Combine the coconut milk, wine, garlic, ginger, lemon zest and shallots in a medium frying pan. Bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add salmon and bring back to a simmer over medium heat. Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, until fish is opaque through.
- Carefully remove the fish from the cooking liquid and set aside. Strain the liquid into a bowl to remove the flavoring ingredients and return liquid to pan.
- Bring liquid to a boil and continue cooking until it reduces to desired thickness (10-12 minutes). Stir periodically to prevent scorching.
- To serve: Place room temperature salmon over greens and top with cream and optional chili peppers.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22.5g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 9.5g||45%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 7g|
|Vitamin D 12.5mcg||60%|
|Vitamin A 133.2mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 18.6mg||20%|
|Vitamin E 4.3mg||25%|
|Vitamin K 62.8mcg||50%|
|Vitamin B6 1mg||60%|
|Vitamin B12 3.7mcg||150%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Lite Coconut Milk (water, Coconut Milk, Guar Gum (a Natural Emulsifier)), White Wine, Salmon, Arugula, Shallots, Garlic, Ginger Root, Lemon Zest.