Peaches, tomatoes, and green beans are generally available in-season at the same time. Take advantage to make this easy seasonal dish its best.
- 1 small shallot
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 large ripe peach
- 3-4 small heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- For the dressing: Finely mince the shallot. Place in a bowl or in a glass jar with a lid. Pour in the vinegar and the lemon juice. Mix well. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk or shake well. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- For the salad: Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add the green beans and allow to cook until slightly tender (4 minutes). Scoop them into a large bowl of ice water. Once they are cool, drain well.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit. Cut into thin slices and add to a salad bowl.
- Cut one of the tomatoes into thin slices and cut the others into wedges; add to the bowl.
- Add the basil and drizzle with dressing to your liking.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41.5g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||25%|
|Total Sugars 16g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 124.3mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 43.9mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 7.7mg||50%|
|Vitamin K 108.3mcg||90%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tomatoes, Green Beans, Peaches, Olive Oil, Shallots, Champagne Vinegar (grande Champagne Wine Vinegar, Potassium Bisulphite As A Preservative), Lemon Juice, Basil.
Check out these five handy kitchen gadgets that'll level-up your culinary game, and also make excellent holiday gifts.