Peaches, tomatoes, and green beans are generally available in-season at the same time. Take advantage to make this easy seasonal dish its best.
- 1 small shallot
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ lb. green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 large ripe peach
- 3-4 small heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- For the dressing: Finely mince the shallot. Place in a bowl or in a glass jar with a lid. Pour in the vinegar and the lemon juice. Mix well. Drizzle in the olive oil and whisk or shake well. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- For the salad: Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Add the green beans and allow to cook until slightly tender (4 minutes). Scoop them into a large bowl of ice water. Once they are cool, drain well.
- Cut the peach in half and remove the pit. Cut into thin slices and add to a salad bowl.
- Cut one of the tomatoes into thin slices and cut the others into wedges; add to the bowl.
- Add the basil and drizzle with dressing to your liking.
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41.5g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||30%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.5g||25%|
|Total Sugars 16g|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Sugar Alcohol 0g|
|Other Carbohydrate 4g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A 124.3mcg||15%|
|Vitamin C 43.9mg||50%|
|Vitamin E 7.7mg||50%|
|Vitamin K 108.3mcg||90%|
|Vitamin B6 0.4mg||25%|
|Vitamin B12 0mcg||0%|
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tomatoes, Green Beans, Peaches, Olive Oil, Shallots, Champagne Vinegar (grande Champagne Wine Vinegar, Potassium Bisulphite As A Preservative), Lemon Juice, Basil.
Over the next few months, you’ll start to notice a new design appearing everywhere you find Guiding Stars. Our new logo and nutrition guidance icons have been updated to tie more directly to nutrition and reinforce our “good,” “better,” or “best” messaging. We wanted to take some time to share our rationale behind the new…